Colonial language policy in the Americas

David Wright dcwright at prodigy.net.mx
Tue Oct 26 01:18:11 UTC 2010

Estimado Richard:

I made a modest contribution to the study colonial language policy and its
application in New Spain in a journal article; through the references you
can get an idea of the major published sources, both colonial and modern.
This is an exploratory study; the hard work of digging into the archives
lies ahead.

“La política lingüística en la Nueva España”, en Acta Universitaria
(Dirección de Investigación y Posgrado, Universidad de Guanajuato), vol. 17,
no. 3, sep.-dic. 2007, pp. 5-19.

The article can be downloaded without subscriptions or fees (as it should
be) here:

http://www.dinpo.ugto.mx/acta/publicaciones/v17-3/actav17n3.htm

Saludos,

David Wright