Looking for my first Nahuatl recordings

Alec Battles alec.battles at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 23:59:15 UTC 2010

Hiya. I'm a fairly accomplished self-taught linguist. I've managed to
teach myself three world languages by travelling, reading, and
studying grammar. For my next language, I want to study Classical
Nahuatl. From reading reviews of various books I have pretty much
settled on Nahuatl as Written. If anyone has another recommendation,
I'd be pleased to hear it. I am also very keen to find some
recordings. Any duration or subject matter will do. A recording of an
important text being read aloud would be ideal, but I am willing to
settle for recordings of which there is no written correlative. I am
not interested in recordings that are meant explicitly to teach you
something, ie ones that go over common phrases or points of grammar,
but I would be interested in any others (stories) and they wouldn't
need to be Classical Nahuatl. Does anyone know a good website or CD,
for some audio input to balance my intake of text and grammar?

Best regards, and nice to find you all,

Alec
sg4 0ny