Ixtlahuac

Christa Muths christa.muths at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 20:11:28 UTC 2011

Hola All,

just many many thanks to all of you and I like to share the story which led
to my question. A new German publisher contacted me regarding some
publications and her surname is *Ixtlahuac.* I wrote back asking her about
her Nahutal surname as she was obviously German. She had no idea nor her
husband where the name comes from as he is American, born in Los Angeles but
of Mexican roots. His forefathers are from the Guadalajara area! Nobody in
his family knows anything about the meaning of this name and she told me
that they would be very, very happy if I could help to find out.

My late husband was from Mexico and I studied Nahutl a bit and as member of
the list ......................the rest you know.

Isn*t it amazing how beautiful things can work out? Thanks again! :-)))))))

Saludos

Christa

And here is the answer of Mercedes who wrote directly to me:

Ixtla de la deiedad ixtlacateotl antes de la llegada de los espanoles
y huan de chimalhuacan nombre original de la region.

Cercas de Guadalajara hay dos localidades de nombre Ixtlahuacan,
En Colima tambien hay un Ixtlahuacan.