tlahtoani

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Wed Feb 16 18:01:40 UTC 2011

Joost, I don't know if I understand what you are referring to as a
"phenomenon". I don't know, therefore, if I understand the question,
and I'm not sure how this relates to "Dances with Wolves".

But, if you look at Andrews (Lesson 36, pp. 338ff., or
Kartunnen-Campbell or even, I imagine, Sullivan, you'll find plenty of
discussion about this use of -ni. In fact, the list has discussed this
at some point in its history, so nahuat-l archives might be a good
place to look.

Michael