WG: Himno a Tlaloc

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Thu Jan 13 18:17:11 UTC 2011

Thank you, and to others thank you, for these missives.

Tlaloc is an interesting name. tlal-oc

In the Algonquian language known as Miami-Illinois there are two words
for 'snow', /manetwa/ and /waapikoona/. The first, deriving from
/manetoowa/ 'spirit, God', refers to falling snow; the second, deriving
from Proto-Algonquian */wa:p/ 'white' and /ko:na/ 'snow' is what's on
the ground, lying on the Earth.

Michael