ordenanzas mercado tlaxcallan

Ian Robertson igr at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 1 18:57:39 UTC 2011

Hello John,

Depending on what you are looking for, you might get some mileage out of
de Roja's (1988) study of colonial currency. It contains a really
interesting comparative discussion of cacao-equivalences in various
places and times, but I don't recall how much of a role records from
Tlaxcallan may have played in it. Much more vaguely, I seem to recall
some things about cacao values in Leander's "Códice de Otlazpan"--but I
don't have the book (or the exact reference), and can't check...

Best,

Ian

de Rojas, José Luis
     1988    La Moneda Indígena y Sus Usos en la Nueva España en el
Siglo XVI. Centro de Investigaciones y Estudios Superiores en
Antropología Social, México, D.F.

--
Ian G. Robertson
Assistant Professor