Pater Noster - analysis

Susana Moraleda susana at losrancheros.org
Thu May 19 12:45:20 UTC 2011

I was trying to analyze the Testerian version of the Pater Noster and have some doubts. Could anyone kindly give me advice on the following 5 points please?

(1)
TOTATZINE ILHUICAC TIMETZTICA
(Padre nuestro que estas en el cielo)
This TIMETZTICA - is it by any chance a short form for TIMOYETZTICAH?

(2)
...INIC CHIHUA IN ILHUICATLIHTIC
(asi como se hace dentro del cielo)
I would have expected CHIHUALO (it is done) -
and then, in ILHUICATLIHTIC, is the TL after ILHUICA a ligature? (can't say ILHUICAIHTIC I suppose)

(3)
MA XITECHMOMAQUILI IN TOTLAXCAL IN MOMOZTLA TOTECH  MONEQUI
(y danos nuestro pan cotidiano que necesitamos)
why TOTECH ("our us")?

(4)
MA XITECHMOPOHPOLHUILILI
(y perdonanos)
why two applicative suffixes? I would have thought XITECHMOPOHPOLHUILI.

(5)
INIUH TIQUINMOPOLHUILILI
Why the honorific MO when talking about ourselves? ("...as we forgive them...")

Thanks a lot.
Susana