ihcequi doing it=?windows-1252?Q?=92s_?=applicative thing

SASAKI Mitsuya hawatari21centuries at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 01:38:59 UTC 2011

Jonathan,
The example of huitecqui I found is the one Mary mentioned, f.70v in the
Spanish-Nahuatl part of Molina 1571.

John and Jonathan,
I've thought that we were using "anticausative" in the same way as Dixon
& Aikhenvald's (2000) _Changing Valency: Case Studies of Transitivity_.
They characterized anticausative as a derivation "where the S of the
derived verb corresponds to the underlying O, and there is no marker of
(or implication of the existence of) underlying A" (p.7).
Am I correct in this, Jonathan?

Mitsuya SASAKI
The Department of Linguistics, the University of Tokyo
ll116003 at mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp