Nahuatl programs throughout the world

IDIEZ idiez at me.com
Sat Sep 3 00:24:22 UTC 2011

David,
	The reason I asked the question is that Yale is considering making a greater commitment to the Nahuatl Program (wish me luck), and the administrators want a broad vision of the state of teaching of Nahuatl in the US. Quiet another less practical, and more important issue is what the state of Nahuatl teaching is in the world and what all of us who participate in this activity can do to develop it qualitatively and quantitatively. An interesting conference/workshop would be for all Nahuatl instructors to get together and discuss the present and future of our endeavor. For a start, we could begin this discussion on the list.
	And good luck with the new edition of your grammar!
P.S. One problem issue is the denial of visas for Latin American scholars who wish to participate in US conferences. Another more fundamental problem is that Latin American scholars are usually not present at US conferences on Latin America because they aren’t invited. I can‘t count how many conferences in the US I’ve participated in where I was the only Latin American academic, and I’m a gringo!
Mohuampoh,
John