Nahuatl focus group sessions

IDIEZ idiez at me.com
Sun Sep 4 21:36:24 UTC 2011

Piyali tlamachtianih huan momachtianih,
	Stephanie Wood and I are putting together an activity for our NEH grant (An Online Nahuatl Lexical Database: Bridging Past, Present and Future Speakers), that will consist of a series of focus group sessions in which native-speaking academics from various regions discuss, in Nahuatl, key terms and concepts that bridge older and modern language and culture. The sessions will be recorded, transcribed and analized for insertion into the database. The main series of sessions will be held in Zacatecas sometime this semester, but we would also like to do a “pre-session” at the Ethnohistory conference in Pasadena next month.
	I’m writing to the list because we want to solicit suggestions for the key terms and concepts from you, the scholars of indigenous language and culture, who at some point will be using the data from this exercise in your teaching and research. If you would like to help us, please send me a list of terms and concepts in order of importance, that you would like to see discussed in the focus group sessions.
John

John Sullivan, Ph.D.
Professor of Nahua language and culture
Universidad Autónoma de Zacatecas
Zacatecas Institute of Teaching and Research in Ethnology
Tacuba 152, int. 43
Centro Histórico
Zacatecas, Zac. 98000
Mexico