onomatopoeia/ taka

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Wed Apr 4 21:32:40 UTC 2012

Joe sent in a list of "ta-" words, including tacatl, which are defined
and parsed as follows from his work.

This seems to be getting us closer to tataca. The first two examples
are from the Florentine, the third from Molina. Andrews, in his first
edition's glossary, has tacaxtli - root ball of a tree.

*tacatl ***
centacatl (centacatl).  ; mata o pie de qualquiera yerua; mata o pie
   de qualquier yerua; vna mata de yerua; de cardos; o vna lechuga;
   col. &c; clump. <cem-tacatl>. b.11 f.16 p.162|
tacapitzauhqui (tacapitzauhqui).  constricted. <tacatl-pitza:hua-prt1-
   c2>. b.10 f.7 p.127b|
tacatl (tacatl).  mata de albahaca, o de cosa semejante; mata o pie de
   qualquier yerua. <tacatl>. 71m2-15|

Michael