tlacoyoctli

IDIEZ idiez at me.com
Wed Feb 29 16:48:28 UTC 2012

Michael,
	It definitely did. I had completely forgotten that those verbal nouns that end in -ctli, don't just come from verbs ending in -ni. Your example was a reminder that they can also be formed from verbs ending in -hua. So the progression, using your example would be:
coyahua (verb) > coyactli (noun) > coyacti or coyactiya (verb) > coyactic ([adjectival] noun).
	And I was referring to a certain older gentleman who dabbles once in a while in morphology, who is either waiting to post the explanation or is as stumped as we are.
John

idiez at me.com
www.macehualli.org