ixiptla

John B Carlson tlaloc at umd.edu
Thu Jan 26 03:42:36 UTC 2012

Yes, this is THE major work of 20th-century scholarship to start
with. I have a copy sitting right next to me.

I was surprised that it wasn't mentioned first. However, I think this
is such a rich topic that there will always be more dimensions to
explore. And I always appreciate it when someone with a deep
knowledge of Classical Nahuatl sends some of the sources, and not
simply offering folk etymologies. Any further insights that would
take us to new insights would be welcome. Thanks in advance if anyone
has put in some time on this central topic in Nahua religion and
world-view.

John Carlson