3 words from the Nican Mopohua

IDIEZ idiez at me.com
Thu Mar 8 01:40:54 UTC 2012

Piyali Susana,
1. tlamahuizol-li, “miracle“ + ti (ligature) + -ca (instrumental relational word, “with, by means of“). You could also say “ica tlamahuizolli.“
2. i- (third person sing. possessor) + toca-itl, “name“ + -yoh, “s.t. covered with, full of or having s.t.“ + -can (the short version is “place of“). So “place by (having) the name of Tepeyacac.“
3. to- (first person plural possessor) + cihuapil-li (noblewoman) tlahtohca- (combining form of tlahtoani; and when you combine the final l of the root of cihuapilli with the initial tl of tlahtohca-, you get ll) + -tzin (singular reverential ending). The final -tli has been dropped because the word is possessed.
John