October 28 observance

grigsby tom tom_grigsby at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 10:05:25 UTC 2012

Listeros,
I’m interesting in finding out the geographical distribution
of the observance of the dead on October 28.  In the Tepoztlán area this day honors los matados, “the slain ones,” -
oquinmictique, i.e., people who have died without the sacrament of extreme
unction such as suicides, murder and accident victims, as well as people who
have drowned or been struck by lightning. If you can give me a locale in the Republic
(or anywhere else) where this “dia de los matados” is observed I’d be extremely
grateful.
Thanks in advance,Tom Grigsby