Malacachoa

IDIEZ idiez at me.com
Thu Mar 22 21:25:35 UTC 2012

Magnus,
	In fact there is a ma:lacachihui and ma:lacachoa:. And what Una says makes sense. But you would have to start with an initial noun ma:lacachtli. This would be turned into a verb in two ways. One would be ma:lacachti (adding the verber "-ti") or ma:lacachtiya (adding both verbers "-ti" and "-ya"). The preterite form of either one would be ma:lacachtic and it would simultaneously work as an adjective/adverb. The other route would be to add the verber "-ihui" to the base noun, producing ma:lacachihui. The causative of this form would be ma:lacachoa: (originally, ma:lacachihua, like Una says). However, the "ch" is part of the original noun stem, not the beginning of "chihui>chihua". And I just noticed today that the root noun has a long "a" (ma:lacachtli). "malacatl" has all short vowels.
John