ozcoa, ozcohua, izcoa, izcohua

John Sullivan idiez at me.com
Tue Dec 10 12:51:50 UTC 2013

Piljoetzin,
	Ok, so that’s clear, although I’ve been trying to think up something clever to say about not regularizing headwords.
And, just for the heck of it, I’ll repeat my handy way of telling whether we are dealing with -oa/-ohua or -ia/-iya.
1. To distinguish between -oa and -ohua, we need an attestation of the future form which will either be -oz or -ohuaz. The preterite won’t work because both in writing and speaking the -oh/-ouh can be confused, although sometimes we would have -oh/-ohuac
2. To distinguish between -ia/-iya we can use either the future, -iz/-iyaz or the preterite, -ih/-ix
John