scatter-shot questions

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Fri Jun 28 14:10:36 UTC 2013

It's a challenge balancing teaching right now with looking at more
important things like Ben's questions. :-)

John's answer sparked something just now as I'm awaiting the arrival of
students.

This could be that rare locative suffix -ma:n which means something
like "over all the surface of". This would work nicely for
"Chilmalman," and the dropping of the final -n would not be unexpected.

Michael