Fritz: here is my intended note

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Tue Sep 3 22:20:55 UTC 2013

My sincere thanks to Magnus both on and off list for his insights and
to Jonathan both on and off list for showing what went on behind the
scenes before Launey's English translation was published. It's tricky
work.

I went back today to look at my "critique litteraire" of Launey's
book, as I hadn't seen my review in a month or two, and discovered
there is only one line, a parenthetical remark at that, about
orthography, and it's not even a disparaging remark! So, I'm sure
everyone will be happy about that.

It looks like I focused solely on the grammar misinterpretations. At
the very least, everyone will be able to open hisher copy of Launey's
grammar and mark those pages where the errors occurred. I think, in
the end, despite my shortcomings as a communicator by email, the
comments on grammar in the review will contribute to our knowledge of
the language.

Best regards to all,