scholarship for native speaker

John Sullivan idiez at me.com
Mon Jan 20 21:25:10 UTC 2014

Notequixpoyohuan,
	IDIEZ is now going to be adding variants of Nahuatl to its current repertoire of Classical and Huastecan. We would like to bring a young woman from Zoyatlan, Puebla to Zacatecas where she can begin her undergraduate studies and help us to build our program in Central Mexican Nahuatl. This program will include preparation of vocabulary, grammar, instructional materials for both native and non-native speakers, instruction for native speakers in reading, writing, and teaching methodology, as well as publication of original works through the University of Warsaw´s “Totlahtol" series. And IDIEZ would, in the near future, be able to offer formal instruction, through our summer program and other modalities, in Modern Central Mexican Nahuatl. We also plan to establish a presence in New York in order to begin working formally with the enormous population of Nahuatl speakers from Puebla there.
	We would like to know if anyone is interested, either individually or in cooperation with others, in providing a scholarship for this young woman. A total of US$300 per month for a period of four years would be more than sufficient. If you are interested in participating, please contact me off-list at idiez at me.com
John

John Sullivan, Ph.D.
Visiting scholar, Faculty of Artes Liberales
University of Warsaw;
Professor of Nahua language and culture
Universidad Autónoma de Zacatecas;
Director, Zacatecas Institute of Teaching and Research in Ethnology
Tacuba 152, int. 43
Centro Histórico
Zacatecas, Zac. 98000
Mexico