dragonfly

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Mon Jun 2 20:05:45 UTC 2014

Thanks to all for sharing your terms for 'dragonfly'. As in the case of
the names for insects (birds, trees, etc.) in other languages, there
seems to be a good deal of dialectal variation in Nahuatl for this
yolcatl. I grew up calling dragonflies "snake-feeders". Didn't even
hear the word 'dragonfly' until I was a teenager.

Michael