Standardization of Nahuatl

Edward Polanco e.a.polanco at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 02:00:51 UTC 2014

Dear all,

The Inquisition censored the translation of Scripture into indigenous
languages in the late 16th century (1580s). High probability for
mistranslation and thus heterodoxy was used as a justification for this
decree. Sahagún and Molina were both consulted on the matter by the Holy
office in Mexico.

Regards,
Edward
Sent from a wireless device