ceyoc tlamantli tlen tlapacholli

John Sullivan idiez at me.com
Wed Mar 19 07:43:40 UTC 2014

Mis estimados,
	Going back through Andrews, it looks like he puts a zero subject prefix on relational words, given that it is a nuclear clause. This subject prefix would point to the verbal nuclear clause as a whole (I think). Actually I have no problem with this. Deverbal nouns that work as adverbs pretty much do the same thing. For example:
a) ihciuhca titotlaloah, we are running swiftly. In this contrived example from Classical Nahuatl, the agentive noun, ihciuhca, does not agree in person/number with the subject of the verb
b) yolic intlanehnehuiliah, you (pl.) think slowly (a comment a have received frequently over the years). In this example from modern Huastecan Nahuatl, the same thing happens, the agentive noun does not agree in person/number with the subject of the verb.
	So now, the question is, has anyone seen any examples of relational words with first or second person subject prefixes? The team here in Poland has found a few in Classical documents.
John