"Gay" in Nahuatl?

Tomas Amaya t.amaya at eninfinitum.com
Wed May 7 17:55:57 UTC 2014

Hi, Michael

This “xe” belongs to the “question - particles”. Other particles of the same kind are: “xa”, “xoh”, “cox”
Particles that I find related hereto are “cuix” and “azo” in classical nahuatl.
Here their meaning (approximately) in English and Spanish:
1)
(a)xá: maybe, then..?; será que …, entonces…?
Example: Xa ticnequi tiaz cineco.
Eng. Do you, maybe, want to to go to the movies? Then, do you want to go to movies?
Sp. ¿Será que quieres ir al cine? ¿Quieres ir al cine, tal vez?
2)
Xoh: really…?; ¿De veras …
Example: Xoh ticnequi tiaz cineco.
Eng: Do you really want to go to the movies?
Sp.: ¿De veras quieres ir al cine?
3)
Xe: Tell me,  is it true that; a poco …
Exemple: Xe ticnequi tiaz cineco.
Eng.: Tell me, is it true that you want to go to the movies (I supposed that you do not like it)
Sp.: A poco (de veras) quieres ir al cine.
4)
Cox: particle to question; partícula para preguntar.
Example: cox ticnequi tiaz cineco.
Eng.: Do yo want to go to the movies?
Sp. ¿Quieres ir al cine?

For better understanding, I think its important to mention the possible answers:
1. Quema nicnequi niaz.Yes, I want to go.
2. Ahmo, caah nicnequi niaz / Ahmo, ahmo nicnequi niaz. No, I don want to go:
3. Quén yeh ahmo, achá quema. Why not? Maybe yes.
4. Quema. Yes