=?iso-8859-1?Q?=A0-ti_?=verber (again-4)

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Mon Oct 6 23:52:05 UTC 2014

The verber explained by Andrews and identified in Campbell's work as
"-ti04" and meaning 'have' is a common animal in Nahuatl. There aren't
simply a couple handfuls of these verbs lying around like unusual stray
dogs in classical Nahuatl; there are *several thousand* of them, and
their meanings are clear: "have". Someone who has the time and interest
to write this matter up may lay it to rest.

Nahuatl, like every language, has intrinsic ambiguity. There are
homophonous verb endings in Nahuatl, and what we have been looking at
over the past week are two of them, and these two have clear meanings.
One means "become, be", and the other means "have".

Best,

Michael