pipi(tl)

John Sullivan idiez at me.com
Sat Sep 6 15:22:20 UTC 2014

Notequixpoyohuan,
	I am looking for MORE evidence of a root “pipi(tl)”. It shows up in Modern Huastecan Nahuatl as:
pipihya:ya, for meat to smell bad
pipihya:c, bad smelling meat, or a person whose armpits smell bad
pipitiya, for person’s hair to get tangly when it isn’t combed
pipitic, tangly and smelly hair; a person who smells bad due to not bathing
	And in Molina [Nahuatl to Spanish 82r] pipiyayaliztli, olor a sobaquina
	I would like to come up with an approximation of the meaning of the noun “pipi(tl)”.
John