From Gordon Whittaker

John Schwaller jfschwaller at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 13:48:51 UTC 2014

From: Gordon Whittaker <gwhitta4 at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Subject: Codex Chimalpahin
To: "aztlan at lists.famsi.org" <aztlan at lists.famsi.org>
Cc: John Schwaller <jfschwaller at gmail.com>

Dear list members,

Please note that what has been sold to the Mexican government is NOT just
the Codex Chimalpahin but also, among other things, the equally valuable
earliest known versions of the historical works of Ixtlilxochitl, some of
which are in his own hand.  These primary sources are part of what was
until now collectively known as Bible Society MS 374.  I am in the process
of preparing a new edition of the works of Ixtlilxochitl as recorded in
BSMS 374, while Amber Brian and her colleagues are preparing a translation
of the "Historia de la naciĆ³n chichimeca".

I hope this email makes it through to Aztlan -- for some time now all my
emails sent to the list directly have failed to get through. Perhaps I'll
be lucky this time!

Best wishes,
Gordon Whittaker