tough one

Ben Leeming bleeming at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 19:13:41 UTC 2014

Listeros/as, here's one I can't crack: "centlacnepal" or perhaps "cen
tlacnepal." It's from a late 16th-early 17th cent. religious text I've been
working on. The paleography is very bad, but I'm pretty certain I've got
the spelling right.  Not sure on the spacing, though.  There are two
instances, here with more context:

Ca ça[n] centlacnepal ocallacqui Ocnocentlacnepal oq[ui]zq[ui]

This text does have frequent variations in spelling and other orthographic
oddities, so perhaps this is what's happening here.

Any ideas?

Ben

--
Ben Leeming