centlacnepal

M Launey mlauney at wanadoo.fr
Sun Sep 28 15:39:50 UTC 2014

OK, since you ask me, I'll answer what I can (but my first name is Michel, not Dr)
I'll have no access to my documents for a week or so, so my help, if any, comes from my recollection, not from the corpus.

The context you quote makes sense. If I'm not mistaken, I remember examples like "centlapal calaqui, centlapal quiza" (he comes in by one side and out the other). So centlacnepal is a place name, whatever kind of place it is. And cen- is undoubtedly the usual /sem-/ "one", sometimes "whole".

I would not retain tlac- in the parsing, but rather something like tla-cne-pal, which leaves the mystery of this possible -cne- stem. The only word I know which has -cne- in it is icne:lia, but I can't see any plausible semantic connection, and can it decently be parsed icne:-lia after all?

Sorry to be so disheartening. I hope someone else will find out.

Best

Michel L.

(I'm still supposed to post a message about the meaning of -ti. I swear I'll do that in the next days)