centlacnepal

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Sun Sep 28 14:12:18 UTC 2014

Hi, Ben,

I've never parsed the term. I just swallowed it whole. I think it's an
extremely rare word. I can't find it in the Florentine records that Joe
gives me. I imagine that the constituent morphemes are
cen-tlactli-ne-pal. However, that analysis would not make it
analogically similar to centlapal, which is another term used for
ceccapal.

Interesting!

Looking forward, too, to what others have to say about it.

Michael