Tutorial on OAI metadata harvesting protocol

Steven Bird sb at UNAGI.CIS.UPENN.EDU
Wed Jun 27 21:21:27 UTC 2001

A nice tutorial on the metadata harvesting protocol has just been
published.  Gary and I think that it is useful background for any would-be
implementers of an OLAC data provider.

  Exposing and Harvesting Metadata Using the OAI Metadata Harvesting
  Protocol: A Tutorial
  Simeon Warner
  High Energy Physics Libraries Webzine
  http://library.cern.ch/HEPLW/4/papers/3/

  Abstract: In this article I outline the ideas behind the Open Archives
  Initiative metadata harvesting protocol (OAIMH), and attempt to clarify
  some common misconceptions. I then consider how the OAIMH protocol can be
  used to expose and harvest metadata. Perl code examples are given as
  practical illustration.

-Steven

________
Steven Bird, University of Pennsylvania (sb at ldc.upenn.edu)