Resource Access

Baden Hughes baden at COMPULING.NET
Mon Dec 2 04:23:40 UTC 2002

Currently I'm working on a repository which differential access controls
applied to resources within the repository. After looking at the OLAC
standards documents, the closest reference I can see to this is
OLAC-Rights, which I can't find a draft for. However, based on the olac
Metadata set, even the Rights element doesn't quite address this
problem.

Essentially we have a situation where for every resource there is a
specified access control (open, enquire, closed) with some further
refinements (open for reading, changes require permission, not for
redistribution etc).

Although we could create our own metadata extension to express this, I
wonder if others have found other ways to address this, or if it is
something new which we should add in some way to OLAC ?

Baden