Final preparation for OLAC workshop

Steven Bird sb at UNAGI.CIS.UPENN.EDU
Wed Dec 4 11:20:54 UTC 2002

Folks,

Here are some final announcements about the workshop.

FINDING YOUR WAY AROUND

Consider printing out some of the maps on our venue page before you travel:
  http://www.language-archives.org/events/olac02/venue.html
Also, see the local arrangements page for instructions on airport
transfers, or for travel by train or car.
  http://www.language-archives.org/events/olac02/local.html

on Chestnut and 36th; ask at the desk how to find IRCS at Walnut and 34th;
we're on the 4th floor.

LAST-MINUTE PREPARATION

Please review the documents on our preparation page, which provide
the necessary background for our discussions.  You might bring them along
for light reading on the plane :-)  We'll have hardcopies available for
all participants at the meeting.
  http://www.language-archives.org/events/olac02/preparation.html
They're organized in order of priority: standards, recommendations,
notes and miscellaneous.

PRESENTATION MATERIALS

Any presentation materials sent to Steven by Monday 9am will be posted on
the workshop website, and this will streamline the presentation process.
If possible, please bring your presentation on a floppy disk, in case we
have problems hooking up your laptop.  The conference room is equipped with
a networked MSWindows PC and LCD projector, with provision for laptop
hookup.

INFORMAL GATHERING ON MONDAY NIGHT

>From 7pm onwards, there will be an informal gathering at the New Deck
Tavern, a nice bar/restaurant on 3408 Sansom Street.  Sansom runs between
Chestnut (where the hotel is located) and Walnut (where the workshop venue
is located).  In case we're seated out of sight, ask for the OLAC group.
Hope to see you there!

Wishing you a safe journey,
Steven & Gary