OLAC Metadata Standard: Call for review

Nicholas Thieberger nickt at PARADISEC.ORG.AU
Tue Oct 14 00:04:04 UTC 2003

Having gone through a long process of implementation of the OLAC
metadata set I appreciate the work that has gone into developing it.

I also appreciate that it is possible to include additional metadata
under the appropriate <dc:...> element and so this metadata standard
is not as restrictive  as it first appeared (to me anyway).

One issue in the current version: Is the following true? From the
PARADISEC experience it seems that every element needs to have a
namespace declared:
>By convention the namespace prefix olac is used, and the DC
>namespace is declared to  be the default so that the metadata
>element tags need not be prefixed.

Thanks for the opportunity to comment

Nick

--