OLAC Metadata Standard: Call for review

Ru-Yng Chang ruyng at GATE.SINICA.EDU.TW
Tue Oct 14 07:24:52 UTC 2003

Re: OLAC Metadata Standard: Call for reviewI'm sorry. I'm late.
I have some comments and information.

1.
I agree to include additional element or refinement under the DC element,
too.
Giving an example in the document would be better.

2.
There are some inconsistent update dates between "Recommended metadata
extensions" and each document of extension.
eg.
Code for Discourse Types(Recommended metadata extensions,
http://www.language-archives.org/REC/olac-extensions.html)-- Date:
2002-11-21.
OLAC Discourse Type
Vocabulary(http://www.language-archives.org/REC/discourse.html)--Date
issued: 2003-01-27

3.
Avoid reduplicating the vocabulary item of the OLAC extension and the
third-party extension.
The member of OLAC will be notified as soon as there is any change in the
OLAC extension.

4.
I have completed the Chinese translation for OLAC Metadata(2003-05-31) ,OLAC
Linguistic Subject Vocabulary(2003-01-21), OLAC Linguistic Data Type
Vocabulary(2002-12-12),
but these documents have not yet been carefully proofread.
I will continue to translate related documents into Chinese.
I will give feedback to OLAC as soon as the mission is accomplished.

Thanks.

Ru-Yng Chang