OLAC booth at the LSA meeting in San Francisco

Steven Bird olac-admin at LANGUAGE-ARCHIVES.ORG
Fri Dec 17 23:53:11 UTC 2004

We have finally gotten the logistics of our booth
at the upcoming LSA meeting in Oakland nailed down.
We will indeed have a pan-OLAC booth in the Exhibit
Hall (publisher's room) where we can do short demos,
hand out fliers and brochures, and meet with people
who might be interested in our various projects and
archives. We will have wireless access for demos.

We are putting together (thanks to Peter Ladefoged)
a PowerPoint slide show of "posters" - 1-slide displays -
that will run more or less continously to amuse and
attract passers-by. We may have quite a bit of traffic,
since the poster sessions are in the same Hall this year.

It's not too late to participate. If you want, you can
send me a ppt slide to include in the poster show, or
email me if you want to sign up for a special demo slot.
Think short for demos - 5 to 10 minutes - followed by
time to answer questions; repeat on a different day.
And please bring fliers or brochures (maybe 200?) for
people to pick up from our table.

I hope to see lots of OLAC people and OLAC activity
buzzing around that exhibit hall! It could turn out to
be a very good venue for us.

Email to me at either hjohnson at mail.utexas.edu or
ailla at ailla.org (they're the same, underneath.)

Heidi