OLAC Metadata add transcript relation

Baden Hughes badenh at CS.MU.OZ.AU
Thu Dec 15 23:09:12 UTC 2005

There's a general proposal to review all of the OLAC vocabularies in early
2006.

With regard to specific extensions, its largely mechanical to add them to
the required schemas, and the proposal Nick puts forward should be
sufficient to do this.

For the map coordinates, I personally think the way forward is to simply
adopt the Dublin Core extensions to coverage which allow for an
international standard representation of geographic information pertaining
to a resource. I'm going to look into this in January anyway.

While this is on the implememters list, I'd be very happy to hear about
other things which need attention in the overall OLAC standards and services
infrastructure (fortunately we have some resources available in 2006 to
spend on such things). Hence, feel free to email me either via the list or
directly, and I'll add your items to the relevant task lists (which will be
publically available).

Regards

Baden