geographic interfaces to OLAC data

Helen Aristar-Dry hdry at LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Wed Jun 14 12:34:01 UTC 2006

Hi, Baden,

Great minds think alike.  This is exactly what we had planned as part of
LL-MAP, using the OLAC info on our server and the information provided
by  6 partner archives and linguists.  PARADISEC, ANLC, and the Tibetan
-Himalayan Digital Library project are part of LL-MAP, for example.  So
we should talk, so that we don't duplicate effort.  LL-MAP has been
delayed because of the development of the LSA site and the campaign to
secure institute status for LINGUIST, but we have the database design
done and an Oracle instance implemented.  And we are currently inputting
a set of test data.  Now that we have a skeleton system, we plan to have
a meeting of the partners in the fall to see what will need to be done
to integrate data from different sources.  It would be great if you
could come--are you planning to be in the US any time soon?

All the best,
-Helen

--
Helen Aristar-Dry