OLAC milestone achieved

Gary Simons gary_simons at SIL.ORG
Fri Aug 29 22:45:07 UTC 2008

Today we have reached a milestone in the life of OLAC -- the Audio Archive
of Linguistic Fieldwork (of the Berkeley Language Center) has become the
first participating archive to achieve a five-star rating on our new
comparative metrics page:

     http://www.language-archives.org/metrics/compare

(Click on the "overall Rating" heading to order the archives by overall
rating.) Kudos to Susan Stone for her work on implementing the static
repository for this collection.

Let me remind you that we have a professional archivist on the project who
is available to review your current metadata records and give advice about
how to improve their quality. If you'd like to take advantage of this,
please let us know at olac_project at gial.edu.

Best,
-Gary

____
Steven Bird, University of Melbourne and University of Pennsylvania
Gary Simons, SIL International and GIAL
 OLAC Coordinators (www.language-archives.org)