LSA Annual Meeting Albuquerque 2006, initial invitation list

Baden Hughes badenh at CS.MU.OZ.AU
Fri Mar 18 08:19:04 UTC 2005

> This, in principle, seems like a good idea. Last year, though, I noted
> that the question periods were a little quiet during the tutorial. While
> there should probably be some Q&A during the tutorial, I wonder how much
> people might react better to one-on-one interactions during office hours
> for this sort of thing. (I suspect it will take a few more tries at this
> before we discover the right mix of presentations, open Q&A, and office
> hours...)

And that brings up another point: office hours (of various types) ideally
should be after the tutorial if possible, rather than before. Both office
hours and an exhibit booth should probably be advertised at the tutorial

Baden