2007 LSA tutorial

Jeff Good good at EVA.MPG.DE
Tue Mar 14 20:49:26 UTC 2006

Hi Heidi,

Thanks for getting this started!

One thing that strikes me as a potential gap looking at that schedule
is any talk/talks which demonstrate what you can do with all those
nice texts you made--it's very future/archive-centric. I know there's
no great "now, I want to search my texts" tool, but maybe we could
have a talk illustrating what you can do with these nice texts/
databases and how you can do it. Maybe something about how program X
makes an XML to whatever transform nice?

Maybe this is unrealistic--that is, the tools aren't out there. But,
I think it would be nice to show people that the payoff for all this
work isn't only that warm fuzzy feeling that the future will be able
to look at your texts.

Any thoughts?

Jeff