FW: LSA 2009 tutorial

Heidi A. Johnson hjohnson at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Wed Nov 5 16:14:34 UTC 2008

I sent this to OLAC-GENERAL also, but I'm not sure it was distributed

properly. At any rate, here's the good news:

  _____

From: Heidi A. Johnson [mailto:hjohnson at mail.utexas.edu]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 10:13 AM
To: 'OLAC-GENERAL at LLOYD.EMICH.EDU'
Subject: LSA 2009 tutorial

We are happy to announce that once again we will be giving an OLAC tutorial

at the annual meeting of the Linguistic Society of America, in San Francisco

Jan 8-11, 2009. The preliminary program for the conference is posted at

http://lsadc.org/info/preliminary-program09.cfm

Our tutorial will take place Sunday, Jan 11, from 9:00 - 12:00. The title is
"Accessing

collaboration: Archives as bridges between researchers, resources, and
communities

of speakers." The theme is generally determining access restrictions or lack
thereof

for archived language documentation materials. We think we have a very good

program, with 4 archivists and an intellectual property rights lawyer. Laura
Buszard-Welcher

will chair and conduct the Q&A session at the end of the program.

I hope many of you will be able to attend. Discussion of issues touching on
rights

and access are always lively.

Heidi

Heidi A. Johnson
The Archive of the Indigenous Languages of Latin America
Dept. of Anthropology
1 University Station C3200
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, Texas 78712