DONAZZAN/TOVENA lundi 30/4

Bridget Copley copley at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 23 11:52:42 UTC 2007

Le programme "Temporalité: Typologie et Acquisition" (temptypac) de la
Fédération "Typologie et Universaux Linguistiques" du CNRS a le plaisir
d'annoncer un exposé:

Marta Donazzan et Lucia Tovena
Université Paris 7/UFRL Linguistique

"Temporal constraints on event repetition: the case of Mandarin Chinese ZAI"

Date : lundi 30 avril 2007
Lieu : Université Paris 8, Bâtiment D, Salle 143, 93 Saint-Denis
Heure : 14h30 - 16h30
Métro : ligne 13, St-Denis-Université

The Mandarin Chinese adverb ZAI, in its adverbial use, displays a number
of peculiarities - concerning the temporal orientation of the predicate,
its aspectual properties and the syntactic/logical role of the
proposition it occurs - which, as a whole, have been subsumed under the
feature "irrealis". In our analysis, we consider ZAI as an additive
particle in the domain of events and we propose to derive its "irrealis"
flavour from constraints on the structure and temporal location of the
asserted event. As an additive particle, ZAI conveys a presupposition
which cannot be recovered independently from the context of utterance.

Vous pouvez consulter le site web de temptypac à :
http://www.ivry.cnrs.fr/~7023web/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=31