FW: [BL] BIOLINGUISTICS 1 (2007)

Pierre PICA pica at MSH-PARIS.FR
Sat Dec 1 17:51:49 UTC 2007

Pour information
Pierre Pica

UMR 7023 -CNRS - Paris
------ Message transféré
De : "Kleanthes K. Grohmann" <kleanthes at biolinguistics.eu>
Date : Sat, 1 Dec 2007 16:39:07 +0200
À : <editors at biolinguistics.eu>
Objet : [SPAM] [BL] BIOLINGUISTICS 1 (2007) to be published!

Dear BIOLINGUISTICS subscriber,

We are happy to announce the imminent publication of the first volume,
BIOLINGUISTICS 1 (2007). It will be made public on the journal's website
<http://www.biolinguistics.eu> by Monday, 3 December, 2007. You will
receive an automated (and impersonal) notification of the publication,
and of all other publications in the future.

The first publication is a single-issue volume of a good 150 pages. We
will post the table of contents below and announce it on Linguist List when
it's out. (Incidentally, if any of you could suggest other platforms for
announcement, please let us know!)

>From volume 2 (2008) on, we plan to publish more issues per year,
ideally four. Now that the first technical and editorial difficulties
have been mastered, the process for compiling future issues should be
smoother. But please take this announcement as an open invitation to
keep supporting us. For example, you may:

- submit material of your own (articles, briefs, reports, etc.)
- alert colleagues and friends of the journal (and to submit)
- get in touch with us if you'd like to volunteer as a reviewer

We would like to thank you very much for your support by subscribing to
BIOLINGUISITCS and thereby showing us that there is interest in this
kind of project.

Please keep your eyes open in the near future for more interactive
aspects BIOLINGUISTICS. We intend to launch a blog forum in 2008, for
example, and will inform you closer to the time.

All the best,
Kleanthes & Cedric

BIOLINGUISITCS 1 (fall 2007):

EDITORIAL

Cedric Boeckx & Kleanthes K. Grohmann
ŒThe BIOLINGUISTICS Manifesto¹

ARTICLES

Noam Chomsky
ŒOf Minds and Language¹

Frédréric Mailhot & Charles Reiss
ŒComputing Long-Distance Dependencies in Vowel Harmony¹

Rosalind Thornton & Graciela Tesan
ŒCategorical Acquisition: Parameter Setting in Universal Grammar¹

Juan Uriagereka
ŒClarifying the Notion ³Parameter²¹

BRIEFS

Koji Sugisaki
ŒA Note on the Default Values of Parameters¹

REVIEWS

'On Evolutionary Phonology'
Juliette Blevins, EVOLUTIONARY PHONOLOGY (CUP, 2004)
by Bridget Samuels

FORUM

Jon Sprouse
ŒContinuous Acceptability, Categorical Grammaticality, and Experimental
Syntax¹

Samuel David Epstein & T. Daniel Seely
ŒThe Anatomy of Biolinguistic Minimalism¹

'An Interview with Henk van Riemsdijk'
by Kleanthes K. Grohmann

Notice
The Editors