LINGUISTICS: sabbatical in Paris?

Joaquim Brandão de Carvalho joaquim.brandao at UNIV-PARIS8.FR
Thu Jul 29 20:37:27 UTC 2010

LINGUISTICS: sabbatical in Paris?

University Paris 8 is opening an
invited-professor position for the second
semester of the academic year 2010-2011 (starting in February).
Salary ranging from 3.500 to 4.700€ per month x 6 months.
Teaching assignment: 2 3-hour courses a week x 13
weeks: one undergrad, one grad, February to early June.
If you are a professor of linguistics with a
sabbatical scheduled for next year, and if you
should be interested, our department (Sciences du
langage: Linguistics) could support your application.

Requirements:
(i) Your scientific background and production
should justify a full-professor position;
(ii) You should be able to teach in French (at
least for the undergrad course), and assess students' papers written in French;
(iii) Your field(s) of scientific expertise
is/are an open issue, but we might suggest the following:
- formal/generative linguistics (any module of grammar)
- pragmatics
- Creole studies
- language change
- the grammar of sign languages
- language acquisition, neurolinguistics

Look ar our web pages to see who we are and what
we do: <<http://www.univ-paris8.fr/sdl/>http://www.univ-paris8.fr/sdl/>,
<http://www.sfl.cnrs.fr/>

If you should be interested contact us:
Joaquim Brandao de Carvalho
<<mailto:joaquim.brandao at univ-paris8.fr>joaquim.brandao at univ-paris8.fr>
and
Anne Hertz
<<mailto:joaquim.brandao at univ-paris8.fr>joaquim.brandao at univ-paris8.fr>

Candidate selection will take place in September,
and will be handled by the University admin (not
within our department). We (the above) can
communicate with you beforehand think about your
application and give it a push, if relevant.