Fwd: OCP9 call for Papers

Sophie Wauquier sophie.wauquier at ORANGE.FR
Tue Feb 22 17:05:57 UTC 2011

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	OCP9 call for Papers
Date : 	Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:56:15 +0100
De : 	Laura J. Downing <downing at zas.gwz-berlin.de>
Pour : 	mfm at lists.ed.ac.uk

Dear MfM community,
   Below is our call for papers for OCP9. Please circulate widely. We
hope to see you in Berlin next January.
Best,
Laura Downing (and the other organizers)

The Ninth Old World Conference in Phonology

The ninth edition of the Old World Conference in Phonology (OCP9) will
take place at the ZAS in Berlin, on 18-21 January 2012.

Local organizing committee:
Laura J. Downing (ZAS, Berlin)
Annie Rialland (LPP, Paris)
Jochen Trommer (Leipzig)
Ruben van de Vijver (Uni Potsdam)
Marzena Zygis (ZAS, Berlin)

It will follow in the line of previous OCP conferences which have been
held in Leiden, Tromsø, Budapest, Rhodes, Toulouse, Edinburgh, Nice and
Marrakech.

The main conference will focus on the interfaces between phonology and
other areas of linguistics (phonetics, morphology, semantics,
pragmatics), but abstracts can be submitted on any topic in phonology.
There is also a one-day thematic pre-conference workshop on 'The
Phonology-Syntax Interface' (organized by the BantuPsyn project).

Keynote speakers for the workshop and main conference:
- Caroline Féry (Uni Frankfurt)
- Edward Flemming (MIT)
- Larry Hyman (UC-Berkeley)
- Sharon Peperkamp (Laboratoire de Sciences Cognitives et
Psycholinguistique, Paris)
- Ingo Plag (Uni Siegen)

Important dates:
Submission deadline: 18 September 2011
Notification of acceptance: 7 November 2011
Early registration:  before 15 December 2011
Workshop/conference: 18-21 January 2012

Conference web page: http://www.zas.gwz-berlin.de/workshop_ocp9.html
Contact e-mail: ocp9 at zas.gwz-berlin.de

Call for papers:

For the main conference, we invite abstracts:
o either for 20 min oral presentation, followed by 10 min of discussion
o or for poster presentation

For the workshop: we invite submission of abstracts
o For 20 min oral presentation, followed by 10 min of discussion

Submissions will be anonymously refereed by at least two reviewers.

Abstracts are to be submitted through EasyChair - More information on
this will be announced on the conference web page by the end of May 2011.
     * deadline for submission: September 18, 2011
     * abstracts are no longer than two pages, including examples and
references
     * submissions are restricted to one single-authored and one
co-authored abstract at most
     * the conference language is English: abstracts and talks will be
in English
     * page format: A4, 2,54 cm (one inch) margins on all sides,
12-point font, simple line spacing
     * file format: .pdf
     * file name
           o submissions for the main conference: [title-main.pdf],
e.g. Sesotho Stops and the Phonology-Phonetics Interface - main.pdf
           o submissions for the workshop: [title-workshop.pdf],
e.g. Clitics in Ewe and the Phonology-Syntax interface -workshop.pdf

We aim to finalize the programme, and to contact abstract senders by 7
November 2011.

--

/Dr. Laura J. Downing
email: downing at zas.gwz-berlin.de; downinglauraj at googlemail.com
Phone: 49-30-201.92.408Fax:  49-30-201.92.402
Home Page:http://www.zas.gwz-berlin.de/mitarbeiter_downing.html