conf érence de Nora Boneh et Léa Nash le 24.01 à Paris 8

elenasoleil soarelena at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 18 15:41:50 UTC 2011

Le séminaire Architecture Grammaticale de l'UMR 7023 Structures
Formelles du Langage (U.Paris8)
et le projet de recherche Structure Argumentale - Structure Aspectuelle
(Fédération TUL)
ont le plaisir de vous inviter à une présentation de

Nora Boneh (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
Léa Nash (Université de Paris 8)

intitulée
Core and non-core datives in French

Lieu: Université de Paris 8, salle D 143 (plan en bas du message)
Date et heure: 24.01.2011 de 13h30 à 15h30

Abstract
      In this talk we show that despite their superficial similarity,
core and  non-core datives present several distinctive properties, some
of which were not  previously noted for French. We propose  that core
and non-core datives have their origin in different underlying
structures: core datives originate as the complement of a motion
sub-event of transitive verbs,  whereas non-core datives are
`second' subjects of a stative  predicate, either base-generated
in this position in a procedure  involving lambda-abstraction or raised
out of the theme, when the theme  contains a Part-noun. The  analysis
reaches generalizations concerning the lexico-semantic decomposition of
verbal predicates appearing with core and non-core datives. It departs
from the  received applicative typology of functional heads introducing
dative  arguments.