s éminaire LAPS 6 décembre 2013 - M. Lemmens - Analy =?utf-8?Q?se_s=C3=A9mantique_?=et typologique des verbes de position

Guillaume Desagulier Guillaume.Desagulier at UNIV-PARIS8.FR
Wed Dec 4 21:54:24 UTC 2013

Nous vous invitons au prochain séminaire du groupe de recherche LAPS "Linguistique Anglaise, Psycholinguistique"  de l'Université Paris VIII.

Celui-ci se tiendra :
le vendredi 6 décembre 2013
de 14h à 16h
en G 202 (bâtiment G)

Maarten Lemmens (Université Lille 3 & UMR 8163 STL) présentera l'exposé suivant :

Analyse sémantique et typologique des verbes de position: perspectives lexicales, constructionnelles, discursives et gestuelles

[Langue de la présentation : français]

This lecture will first present my cognitive, lexical-semantic analysis of posture verbs in Dutch (Lemmens 2002), with cross-references to other languages. This analysis reveals the semantic motivations that underlie the different uses of the posture verbs, including the idiomatic uses. We will show how the notion of image schemata are important to account for these uses, allowing different conceptualisations of one and the same reality. We will also briefly consider the placement verbs, which follow the same logic.

In a second part we will present our on-going contrastive research on static locative relationships as expressed (mainly) by verbs in English, French, and Dutch (both applied to L1 and to L2), against the background of Talmy’s (2000) typological distinction between Satellite- and Verb-framed languages. The data analysed is drawn from video-taped picture descriptions where subjects were asked to talk about the location of certain entities on these pictures. The typological differences show to have considerable consequences for the attention that speakers attribute to manner of location as well as how and where this is expressed. We will consider differences at different levels, showing how lexical and syntactic choice interact and suggest an interrelation with discourse strategies and information structure as well. We will also consider the use of co-verbal gesture. Exploratory analysis suggests that the gestures do differ across the languages, especially in shape, and that they often encode either the causation or directional information that, however, remains unexpressed in the verbal productions.

LAPS : http://www.ea-anglais.univ-paris8.fr/spip.php?rubrique355
accès : http://www.univ-paris8.fr/L-universite-site-principal
métro : St Denis Université (ligne 13)