Fwd: International Child Phonology Conference 2013 (ICPC) - Final Call for Abstracts, Deadline 15.02.2013 (No extension)

Sophie Wauquier sophie.wauquier at ORANGE.FR
Fri Feb 1 15:58:09 UTC 2013

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	International Child Phonology Conference 2013 (ICPC) - Final
Call for Abstracts, Deadline 15.02.2013 (No extension)
Date : 	Fri, 1 Feb 2013 16:19:32 +0100
De : 	Child Phonology <childphonology2013 at gmail.com>
Pour : 	undisclosed-recipients:;

Dear colleagues,

The submission deadline for ICPC 2013 on February 15 2013 is fast
approaching. Note that the deadline will not be extended. Contributors
can find the submission link via the website at www.childphonolo
<http://www.childphonology.org/>gy.org <http://www.childphonolgy.org/>
or visit the submission site directly at
http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/ICPC2013.

*Submission Instructions and Information*

Submissions consist of a 500 words long abstract, with an additional
page for references, examples, tables, and tableaux, if needed. Authors
can indicate whether they prefer to present an oral presentation or a
poster. Oral presentations will be allocated a 30 minute slot each (at
most 20 minutes presentation and minimally 10 minutes discussion).
Posters will be displayed in dedicated poster sessions that do not
overlap with oral presentations. The final format of the presentation
will be decided on by the committee.

*Meeting Description*

The International Child Phonology Conference (ICPC) is an annual
conference on issues related to all aspects of children's speech-sound
development. ICPC 2013 will take place at the Radboud University
Nijmegen (The Netherlands), June 10-12, 2013. The regular meeting on
phonological acquisition (June 11-12) will be preceded by a themed
workshop on the perception-production interface in child phonology (June
10). For continuous updates, please check: www.childphonolo
<http://www.childphonology.org/>gy.org <http://www.childphonolgy.org/>

*Call for Papers: General meeting*

Presentations from recent meetings have covered a broad range of topics,
including clinical topics, computational modeling, the relationship
between continuous phonetic variation and abstract phonological
knowledge, implications for phonological theory, typical and atypical
development in infants, toddlers and older children, second-language
issues, and both oral and signed languages. This list is by no means
exclusive: we invite proposals for talks and posters covering any aspect
of children's speech-sound development.

Following the child phonology conference tradition, there will be no
invited speakers.

*Call for Papers: Themed workshop on the perception - production
interface in child phonology*

The acquisition of phonology is traditionally studied from two
perspectives: most researchers either focus on speech perception or on
language production. Therefore, there is a gap in our understanding of
the relationship between the two.

We invite contributions to the themed workshop that address the
perception-production interface in child phonology. We explicitly
encourage (new) collaborations between researchers across the two
domains. Possible topics include (but are not restricted to)

-methodological advancements
-experimental and naturalistic data
-computational modeling
-typical and/or atypical development
-theoretical insights

*Key dates*

Abstract submission deadline: February 15, 2013
Notification of outcome: March 1, 2013
Themed session: June 10, 2013
General meeting: June 11-12 , 2013

*Contact*