s=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=E9minaire_SFL_le_18_nov_-_expos=E9_?=d'Ora Matushansky

Elena Soare soarelena at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 12 14:52:35 UTC 2013

L'UMR 7023 a le plaisir de vous inviter, dans le cadre de son séminaire

http://www.umr7023.cnrs.fr/-Seminaire-de-l-UMR-7023,50-.html

à un exposé de

*Ora Matushansky*

(UMR 7023 Structures Formelles du Langage)

Titre :

*Projecting phi*

Date : le 18 novembre 2013

Heure : 10h

Lieu :  CNRS Pouchet – sale 159

Plan d’accès:

http://www.umr7023.cnrs.fr/Plans-d-acces,672.html

Abstract:

In this talk I will investigate the possibility of analyzing cases of

semantic agreement in gender in the terms of close apposition. Focusing on
Russian, I will  show that underlying gender specification plays a crucial role
in

the syntax of close apposition and then suggest that the inability of

semantically agreeing NPs to appear in cases other than nominative has the

same source, thus arguing for the possibility of projecting gender as a

functional head in the extended NP. I will then investigate the question of

whether such is generally the case.

--
Elena Soare